25th September 2023
Committees and Employers
When to complete an EY2 and EY3?
Within the Guide to registration on the Early years register it states clearly that changes must be notified to Ofsted, as set out in the EYFS.
- Once registered with Ofsted via the Government gateway the EY2 cannot be completed until the Disclosure and Barring service check (DBS), and the DBS update service has been issued.
- All individuals connected with the registered person including trustee’s (volunteers) must then complete the EY2 online form via the Government Gateway.
- An EY3 hard copy (see link below for August 2016) must be completed if there are any changes to individuals connected with the registered person, including trustee’s (volunteers).
The PDF EY3 is completed to inform Ofsted of any changes to names, addresses and any start or leave dates for:
- ‘All individuals’ making up an organisation whose sole purpose is to provide early years childcare, including committee members, partners, directors and anyone who works with four or more other people on domestic premises
- The nominated individual who will represent the organisation in its dealings with Ofsted. This person cannot be the appointed manager, unless the manager is also a member of the governing body.
- The manager in charge of the day-to-day running of a childcare provision
- Assistants or staff members working with childcare providers on domestic premises
- Assistants working with childminders
Click on the Links Below:
Free Training for Pre School Learning Alliance members
‘The Pre-school learning Alliance works in partnership with Educare, the leading provider of online safeguarding and duty of care interactive learning programmes. From child protection to food hygiene, fire safety to data protection, you can keep your setting safe with training that’s simple and accessible 24/7, all year round’
Pre-school Learning Alliance
News from ACAS
There have been notable employment law cases on: holiday pay; childcare vouchers; social media at work; fraudulent sick leave and reasonable adjustment for disabled - find out more following the link below.