12th October 2023
The 2023 Summer term early year’s headcount day is Thursday the 18th May 2023. The Headcount data is now done using the Early Years Provider Portal by the PVIs and childminders. The deadline to send your completed Headcount(via Provider Portal) is on Friday the 26th May 2023. If you have any queries please contact the relevant person at the Local authority.
The eligible DOB's for 2 ,3 and 4 Year Old funding for Summer 2023 are as follows
a 2-year-old has a date of birth between 01-09-2020 and 31-08-2021.
- a 3-year-old has a date of birth between 01-09-2019 and 31-08-2020.
- a 4-year-old has a date of birth between 01-09-2018 and 31-08-2019.
Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)
To be eligible for EYPP a child must:
- Receive free early education. They do not have to take up the full 570 hours of early education that they are entitled to.
- Have a DOB of within the range of 01 April 2018 to 31 March 2020.
- Meet at least one of the criteria’s as specified in the Eligibility Criteria document
Only the Maintained School Nurseries will be sent an Initial EYPP list by start of May 2023. The deadline to return the updated Summer EYPP spreadsheets for School Nurseries is the 26th May 2023. Please refer to the Guidance document for instructions on how to complete and return the spreadsheet to the local authority.
Early Years Providers and childminders who wish to claim EYPP for their pupils, will enter the carer details (Surname, Name, DOB and NINO ) with the headcount which would then be run against ECS and results for EYPP will be sent via a Provider portal EYPP Report.
If you have any questions concerning EYPP please contact Halak Nanavaty on 07917521328 or Halak.Nanavaty@Wokingham.gov.uk