6th October 2023
Within the first three years, young children become able to take an active part in their own physical care and to be a trusted helper in the nursery or their own home. They become steadily more able to:
- Manage their own toileting and hygiene - the actual physical skills and the intellectual task of remembering and following a sequence
- Feed themselves, handle drinks and make choices about food
- Dress and undress, expressing preferences about clothes
- Take appropriate responsibility within their nursery or home by taking part in tidying up, serving out food and helping in routine daily tasks
- Make choices about activities and plan a bit ahead with the support of a patient adult.